- Remco Insurance is a small insurance company that serves the state of Texas
- In addition to auto insurance, Remco Auto Insurance provides an array of coverages, including property, life, and business
- Those consumers interested in receiving coverage should inquire directly with an agent to learn more about potential discounts and bundling options
Remco Auto Insurance Review
Remco Insurance is a small insurance company based in and serving the state of Texas. Established in 1987, the company provides a variety of policies. In addition to Remco auto insurance, they also offer property, life, recreational vehicle, and business insurance coverage. If you’re a Texan looking for a one-stop-shop for your family’s insurance needs, Remco might just fit the bill.
In this comprehensive review, we’ll explore Remco auto insurance to help you decide if this insurer is right for you. We’ll discuss their policy choices, bundling opportunities, discounts, and special programs available to customers. Plus, we’ll even take a look at Remco’s standing in the insurance industry.
Remco Auto Insurance Offerings
Remco offers policy options that allow drivers to meet Texas’s minimum requirements for vehicle financial responsibility. The only auto insurance required for Texas residents is liability insurance, which compensates other drivers, their cars, and their passengers for damages incurred in an accident.
In addition to liability insurance, Remco also offers:
- Collision coverage. Protects damages to your vehicle incurred during an accident
- Comprehensive coverage. Compensates you for damages to your car that occurred in any non-accident incident (like hail damage, flooding damage, and graffiti)
- Medical Payments. Used if you or your passengers require medical treatment after an auto accident, sometimes called Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Uninsured Motorist coverage. Provides additional compensation for damages or trouble if an uninsured or underinsured driver is at fault in an accident
- Roadside assistance. For any non-accident auto issues like dead batteries, jump-start needs, or flat tires
- SR-22 coverage. For Texas drivers whose licenses have been suspended or revoked in the past
- Non-Owners Insurance. A policy that protects you and the vehicle while you’re driving a borrowed or rented vehicle
- Antique and Classic Cars Insurance. For cars over 20 years old; provides additional protection against damages and accidents
In addition to Remco auto insurance, the company also provides:
- Motorcycle and ATV insurance
- Boat and watercraft insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Renters insurance
- Flood insurance
- Life insurance
Drivers seeking additional coverage for any of the above can bundle multiple policies with Remco, but it’s unclear whether or not bundling provides additional cost savings. However, most mainstream insurers provide some kind of discount for bundling. Speak with an agent to confirm that you’re getting the lowest possible price before signing.
Potential Policyholder Discounts
Large insurance companies with wide coverage areas typically offer discounts for one or all of the following customer circumstances:
- Military, veteran, or military academy enrollment
- Senior citizens
- Safe drivers or drivers with accident-free and ticket-free driving records
- Low mileage drivers (though insurers have different mileage requirements)
- Good students with proof of excellent grades
- Paid-in-full discounts for drivers who pay annually instead of monthly
- Loyalty or repeated policy renewals
Remco’s discount opportunities aren’t publicly available, so potential customers must request a quote and speak with an agent to explore their slate of cost-saving options. While the lack of published discount opportunities isn’t uncommon for small insurers, it doesn’t necessarily indicate that they don’t offer them. Speaking to an agent is the best way to determine discount availability and eligibility.
Most insurers offer programs or benefits that are only available to their policyholders, like vetted repair shop databases, yearly policy and discount audits, or payouts of past policies after signing up for new coverage.
While Remco may offer such programs to its clients, these features aren’t publicly available to non-customers.
However, even if Remco doesn’t offer any special programs that could provide additional cost savings or benefits, they’re a small insurer only covering Texas. When working with smaller insurance companies, drivers may be more likely to receive personalized services and have more leeway for cost and policy negotiations.
If you’re looking to change insurers but want your new insurer to pay out the remainder of your previous policy, you can bring up and negotiate the possibility with an agent even if a company doesn’t offer that program.
Remco’s Industry Standing
Larger, more mainstream insurance companies are typically rated by one or more national third-party rating companies like AM Best or S&P Global. However, since Remco is a small insurer, they’re not currently rated by either agency.
While Remco is not a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited business, numerous customers have still left reviews on their BBB page. Based upon 49 customer reviews on BBB, Remco currently ranks at 4.96 out of 5 stars.
In addition, Remco strives to respond to all customer reviews on the BBB website, which inspires confidence that they invest time into customer service and their reputation.
Let Us Help You Find the Best Deal
If you’re a Texan, Remco auto insurance could be right for you, your car, and your budget. They offer a variety of policy options, and whether you’re seeking coverage that only meets Texas’s minimum requirements or looking for more comprehensive protection, Remco might have the products you’re looking for.
Seeking quality insurance isn’t always a simple process, but helping people find coverage that works for their needs — and their wallets — is what we’re all about. With our policy and rate search tool, you can compare numerous auto policies all in one platform instead of leafing through countless insurers’ websites.
Your time is valuable. With our search tool, you can spend less time searching for auto insurance and more time exploring the open road.