Allstate's best-in-class products and services help provide innovative protection and retirement solutions to millions of households nationwide. Our evolving business strategies and solutions continue to reinvent the industry standards, helping our customers better protect what they have today and prepare for a brighter tomorrow.
How do customers rate Allstate?
Allstate’s rating is based entirely on customer reviews written on Clearsurance. The rating is determined using an algorithm that analyzes a range of inputs from our independent community of insurance customers, including:
- Customer Service
- Claim service
- Likelihood to renew
The algorithm also takes into account the percentage of what customers say Allstate does well vs. the percentage of what customers say the company could do better.
How much does Allstate car insurance cost?
Car insurance rates vary greatly from person to person. That’s because they’re based on many of your unique characteristics including your age, marital status, credit score, where you live and the company you choose. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of Allstate car insurance compared to the national average cost of car insurance. The graph is split into four categories: teen driver, single adult, married couple and senior driver.
The average Allstate car insurance rates for all four driver profiles are slightly higher than the national average cost of car insurance. Please note that these are average car insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect car insurance rates.
How much does Allstate homeowners insurance cost?
Homeowners insurance rates vary based on a number of factors specific to you and your home. including the location of your home, your home’s condition and age, the size and type of home, the crime rate in your area, your claim history and your credit score. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of Allstate homeowners insurance compared to the national average of homeowners insurance. The graph is split into two categories: a home worth $200,000 and a home worth $400,000.
The average Allstate homeowners insurance rates for both home profiles are ower than the national average of homeowners insurance. Please note that these are average homeowners insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect homeowners insurance rates.
Car insurance rates
The average Allstate car insurance rates are based on four different driver profiles with an Allstate car insurance policy.
- Teen driver: These rates are based on profiles for 18-year-old drivers. The car used was a 2015 Honda Civic EX. We used the minimum car insurance limits in each state.
- Single adult: These rates are based on profiles for 35-year-old single adult drivers with no driving incidents in the past 3 years. The car used was a 2015 Toyota Highlander LE. Full coverage was used with 100/300/50 limits and a $500 collision and comprehensive deductible. The driver had a good credit score.
- Married couple: These rates are based on a 35-year-old married couple with two drivers and two vehicles. The cars used were two 2015 Toyota Highlander LEs. Full coverage was used with 100/300/50 limits and a $500 collision and comprehensive deductible. The drivers had 1 driving incident within the past 3 years and they both have a good credit score.
- Senior driver: These rates are based on profiles for 65-year-old drivers. The car used for each was a 2015 Toyota Camry LE. Full coverage was used with 100/300/50 limits and a $500 collision and comprehensive deductible. The drivers had zero incidents within the past three years and a good credit score.
The national average rates displayed in the graph are based on the average cost of car insurance from the largest companies in the U.S. and are based on the same four driver profiles. All rates displayed should only be used for comparative purposes as individual rates will differ. Rate data is provided by Quadrant Information Services.
Homeowners insurance rates
The average Allstate homeowners insurance rates are based on two different home profiles with an Allstate homeowners insurance policy.
- $200K home: These rates are based on a $200,000 dwelling with the following coverage limits: $100,000 personal property, $20,000 loss of use, $20,000 other structures, $300,000 liability and $5,000 medical. The policy has a $1,000 deductible. The house used for the profile was constructed in 2004 and the individual had a good credit score.
- $400K home: These rates are based on a $400,000 dwelling with the following coverage limits: $200,000 personal property, $40,000 loss of use, $40,000 other structures, $300,000 liability and $5,000 medical. The policy has a $1,000 deductible. The house used for the profile was constructed in 2004 and the individual had a good credit score.
The national average rates displayed in the graph are based on the average cost of homeowners insurance from the largest companies in the U.S. and are based on the same two home profiles. All rates displayed should only be used for comparative purposes as individual rates will differ. Rate data is provided by Quadrant Information Services.
What discounts does Allstate offer?
Allstate offers a variety of different money saving offers in order to give customers quality insurance coverage at a lower cost. These discounts are available with auto and home insurance from Allstate, but discounts may not apply in all states. Consult with an Allstate agent to learn to more about what discounts you qualify for.
Allstate auto insurance discounts
- New Car Discount: Allstate drivers can save up to 15 percent by being the first owner of a current model car, or a car that’s one model year prior.
- Anti-Lock Brakes: Allstate drivers can save 10 percent if they own cars equipped with anti-lock brakes.
- Anti-Theft Technology: Allstate customers can save 10 percent by owning a car equipped with an anti-theft device.
- Multi-Policy Discount: By combining your auto and home insurance or auto and life insurance policy with Allstate, customers are able to receive discounts on both.
- Smart Student Discount: Allstate drivers who are under 25 and unmarried are eligible for discounts if they are a full-time student getting good grades, if they successfully complete Allstate’s teenSMART driver education program, or if they attend a school more than 100 miles away from their car.
Allstate homeowner insurance discounts
- Multi-Policy Discount: You can save up to 30 percent by insuring your home and auto together with Allstate.
- Easy Pay Plan: Setting up automatic payments with Allstate could save you up to 5 percent.
- Claim-Free Discount: Customers who switch to Allstate without a home insurance claim could earn a 20 percent discount.
- Early Signing Discount: Signing up for a new Allstate policy before your current one expires could save customers up to 10 percent on their home insurance premium with Allstate.
- Home Buyer Discount: Purchasing a newly constructed home could save customers up to 10 percent with Allstate.
- Safe Home Discount: Homes equipped with additional protections against fire and theft could save Allstate customers up to 15 percent.
- Welcome Discount: New Allstate customers can save up to 10 percent off their insurance premium for the first two years.
- 55 and Retired Discount: Allstate customers who are over the age of 55 and retired are eligible for a savings of 10 percent on their home insurance.
- Additional Allstate home insurance discounts include smoke-free home, homes with storm shutters, homes with hail-resistant roofs and more
What coverages does Allstate offer?
If you want to have additional coverage for your car, Allstate offers many insurance coverages that you can add to your Allstate car insurance policy. Specialty coverages from Allstate include:
Roadside Assistance: Allstate offers roadside coverage that covers the expense of assistance you may need for your car including changing a tire or jump starting your car.
Rental Reimbursement Coverage: If your car is damaged by a covered loss and needs to be repaired, Allstate’s rental reimbursement coverage will cover the cost for you to rent a car or seek alternate transportation while your car is in the shop being repaired.
Sound System Insurance: Allstate offers sound system insurance that covers the cost of replacing audio and/or video equipment that has been damaged or stolen.
Allstate also offers many optional coverage options you can add to your homeowners insurance policy to make sure you receive all the coverage you need.
Identity Theft Restoration: Allstate offers identity theft coverage that covers the cost and lost wages that are the result of identity theft.
Scheduled Personal Property: You can add extra coverage to your Allstate homeowners insurance policy to cover valuable personal property like an engagement ring or antiques.
Business Property: Do you store business-related items in your home? You can add this coverage to your Allstate homeowners insurance policy to receive coverage for business inventory or other property.
Sports Equipment: Allstate offers options sports equipment coverage that you can add to your homeowners policy to cover expensive sport gear such as golf clubs, ski gear and more.
Green Improvement Reimbursement: This optional Allstate homeowners insurance coverage covers the additional cost to replace items with more energy-efficient replacements if your original is damaged or destroyed.
Yard and Garden: With this optional yard and garden coverage from Allstate, your homeowners insurance policy limits for trees, landscaping and riding lawn mowers will be increased.
Electronic Data Recovery: Allstate offers electronic data recovery insurance coverage that you can add to your Allstate homeowners insurance policy to help with the cost to recover lost personal computer data including photos and videos.
Musical Instruments: If you have musical instruments like guitars, violins and more, Allstate’s musical instruments coverage extends your protection for them.
Below are a list of other insurance coverages offered by Allstate.
Classic car insurance
Mexico auto insurance
Does Allstate accident forgiveness work?
Allstate offers accident forgiveness as an add-on coverage to an Allstate car insurance policy. The way it works is that your car insurance rates won’t go up just because you’ve had an accident even if it was your fault. Accident forgiveness protection is effective on the day you sign up for it.
How much is the average Allstate Safe Driving Bonus check?
Allstate rewards safe drivers with a Safe Driving Bonus twice a year. This is a benefit that you can add on to your Allstate car insurance policy. You’ll get a bonus every 6 months you don’t have an accident. With the Allstate Safe Driving Bonus, you can get $100 off your collision deductible the day you sign up for this benefit and an additional $100 off every year you drive accident free for up to $500 off total.
How does Allstate Drivewise work?
Allstate Drivewise is Allstate’s driver tracking program. Drivewise uses telematics technology through a mobile app to track drivers’ habits while behind the wheel. The purpose of the program is to offer discounts to drivers who prove to practice safe driving habits. Drivewise monitors your speed, accelerating or braking and what time of day you drive at. Unlike some of the other driver tracking programs, Allstate Drivewise won’t raise your rates if you don’t prove to be a safe driver according to the standards of the program. You can learn more about the program by reading Clearsurance’s Allstate Drivewise review.
Does Allstate Drivewise save drivers money?
Allstate Drivewise is a driver tracking program that monitors your driving through a mobile app and offers you a discount if you practice safe driving habits. Drivewise rewards safe drivers with cash back every 6 months and points in the Allstate Rewards program, which can be redeemed for gift cards and other rewards. Allstate offers up to 10 percent cash back just for signing up for the Drivewise program and a possibility of earning 30 percent cash back every 6 months. If you’re generally a safe driver who doesn’t drive high speeds, doesn’t drive an excessive amount of miles and drives at hours that Allstate considers safer than others, you could see savings on your car insurance with Drivewise. It’s also important to note that your rates won’t increase at all with Drivewise.
More about Allstate insurance
Allstate’s website is a great place to learn more about Allstate’s offerings, make a payment, submit a claim or request support. Allstate’s website also has guides indicating the minimum requirements by law for insurance in each state, as well as what most people in that state have for coverage.
Allstate’s mobile app offers direct access to everything Allstate has to offer. It lets you connect with an agent, access digital identification cards and Allstate policy documents, manage claims, file claims with Allstate’s QuickFoto option, access roadside assistance, get parking reminders, find gas stations and more.
Allstate offers a discount on Cellcontrol, a technology solution that prevents teen from driving while distracted. Cellcontrol helps parents ensure that their teens do not use their cellphone while driving, as it blocks certain apps, such as social media, texting and email, while the vehicle is in motion.
Allstate’s Good Hacks service allows users to get help with household tasks from Alexa devices. Good Hacks allows users to ask Alexa questions (like “How do I clean spilled coffee from a carpet?”) and get info on household hacks.
Compare features side by side for Allstate vs. State Farm.
What states does Allstate do business in?
Allstate sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 50 states and Washington, D.C.. See the state Allstate sells in below and click the link to see how Allstate compares to the other top companies in that state.