Arbella, founded in 1988, is a New England insurer based in Quincy, Massachusetts. They offer car, home, and business coverage in Massachusetts and Connecticut as well as business coverage in New Hampshire and Rhode Island. The company has six claims offices in New England and works with local independent agents.
How do customers rate Arbella Insurance Group?
How much does Arbella homeowners insurance cost?
Different areas of the United States have different risks. Massachusetts experiences severe snowstorms and the coastal portion of the state is sometimes affected by hurricanes. While your location and risk of natural disasters affect your homeowners insurance rates, there are many other factors that also contribute, including the location of your home, your home's condition and age, the size and type of home, the crime rate in your area, your claim history and your credit score. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of Arbella homeowners insurance compared to the average cost of homeowners insurance in Massachusetts, one of the two states they sell homeowners policies in. The graph is split into two categories: a home worth $200,000 and a home worth $400,000.
The average Arbella homeowners insurance rates for both the $200K home and $400K home are lower than the average homeowners policy in Massachusetts. Please note that these are average homeowners insurance rates based on specific profiles and your quote could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect homeowners insurance rates.
What discounts does Arbella Insurance offer?
Below are insurance discounts to help customers save money on their policy and lower their payments. Please note that discounts vary by state.
- New Customer Discount: New customers could save up to 12 percent on car insurance for joining Arbella
- Good Student Discount: Arbella recognizes and rewards full-time students, with less than six years of driving experience, who maintain a “B” average or higher with a discount of up to 5 percent
- Deployed on Active Military Duty: Arbella policyholders can receive up to a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance when they are deployed on duty more than 100 miles away from where their car is garaged
- Pay your Premium in Full: Policyholders can save 3 percent when they pay their Arbella premiums in full
- Account Credit: Customers could save up to 10 percent off their premium when they have other personal insurance with Arbella or a qualifying company
- Energy-Saving Hybrids or Electrics: If you have a hybrid or electric vehicle, you could save up to 10 percent
- Auto Loyalty Discount: Policyholders receive an additional one percent discount per year for renewing their auto insurance policy with Arbella
- Anti-Theft Devices: Arbella customers can save up to 36 percent when driving vehicles equipped with anti-theft devices
- Drive Less, Pay Less: Driving less than 10,000 miles a year qualifies customers for Arbella's Annual Mileage Discount
- Student Away Discount: Arbella customers earn a 10 percent discount when a driver with less than six years of driving experience resides at school more than 100 miles away from where the car is garaged
- Driver Simulation Training: Arbella customers can save up to 7 percent when they successfully complete an approved safety training program
- Advanced Driver Training: New and inexperienced drivers who successfully complete the Basic Driver Training Course and an additional, approved advanced driver training program are eligible for a 5 percent discount with Arbella
- Motorcycle Training: Arbella customers who complete an approved motorcycle rider training program are eligible for a 10 percent discount
- Experienced Motorcycle Operator: Experienced motorcycle riders over the age of 65 may be eligible for a discount of up to 25 percent
- Auto Rewards: Customers who insure a home and car with Arbella can save up to 25 percent on their home, condo or renters insurance
- Renew and Save: Customers are eligible for a 3 percent discount off their condo or renters insurance every year their policy is renewed. This discount increases by an additional five percent when customers bundle home, renters, or condo insurance with their Arbella - Car Insurance
- New Home Credit: Homes less than 10 years old are eligible for a discount of up to 20 percent
- New Condo Policy Credit: Customers could receive a 7 percent discount by owning a new condo
- MAHA Workshop Savings: First-time homebuyers who attend a Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance Workshop could earn up to a 10 percent discount on their home insurance policy for two years
- Rental Property: Arbella customers could save up to 10 percent on their rental property premium when they also carry Arbella auto insurance
- Protective Devices: Homes insured by Arbella and equipped with protective devices such as burglar alarms, smoke detectors, fire alarms, or automatic sprinklers could qualify customers for a discount
- Multi-Car Family Discount: Inexperienced drivers with their own Arbella policy and reside in the same household as a parent of guardian are able to lower their premiums by five percent
- Multi-Car Individual/Spouse Discount: Insuring more than one car on the same Arbella policy could save policyholders 5 percent
- Residence Safety Package: Customers can save up to three percent by owning a home equipped with smoke detectors, deadlocks and fire extinguishers
What coverages does Arbella Insurance Group offer?
If you're looking to enhance your auto policy, this company offers many optional coverages and benefits New England drivers may want to add to an auto policy. Additional car coverages offered include:
Disappearing deductible rewards plus: Earn Deductible Rewards each year you are accident-free to lower your collision deductible. Additionally, this coverage offers coverage for accidental airbag discharge and rental vehicle loss of income. (Not available in Connecticut)
Gap Insurance: Arbella offers an auto loan/lease gap endorsement you can add to your auto policy. It covers the difference between what your car is worth and the money you owe on it.
Accident forgiveness: Arbella's accident forgiveness endorsement waives the surcharge on your premium you typically get after you've had an accident. (Not available in Connecticut)
Protection for your pet: This endorsement gives you coverage for up to $500 in vet fees if your dog or cat is injured in a car accident. (Not available in Connecticut)
Customer Care Package: The Customer Care Package offers coverage enhancements on auto policies that are eligible. For those eligible, this package is no additional cost. It includes added coverage including new vehicle replacement coverage, enhanced substitute transportation coverage, enhanced towing and labor, and more.
Personal property package: If you want coverage for personal property in your car that could be damaged in an accident, this endorsement is available. It offers up to $200 for PDAs, up to $1,000 for laptops, and $250 for child car seats. (Not available in Connecticut)
Snowplow Endorsement: If you put a snowplow on your insured vehicle, this snowplow endorsement will provide you with coverage for the plow. There are many coverage options and limits available but the coverage is subject to a $200 deductible. (Not available in Connecticut)
Original Manufacturer Parts (OEM): They offer this endorsement only in Connecticut, which covers the damaged parts in question to be replaced with original manufacturer parts.
Below is a list of other insurance products that you can purchase from this provider.
What else is there to know about Arbella?
Customers can download the Arbella Wheel Focused mobile app in order to test their safe driving skills. With the app, drivers compete with themselves and friends to see how their driving habits rank up against others. Arbella Wheel Focused will also give personalized feedback to drivers to improve their driving skills.
Before making any final decisions on your insurance company, it is important to learn as much as you can about your local insurance providers, and the coverages they offer. Call your local insurance agent to clear up any questions that you might have. Questions to consider asking include, "What is the best coverage plan for me/my family/my situation?" "What are the minimum coverage requirements in my state and what form of coverage do you recommend?" "Do you guys offer any bundle discounts if I take out both my auto insurance and home insurance with you?" and "What is the average rate of insurance quotes you guys offer?"
Before making any big insurance decisions, use our free tool to compare insurance quotes near you. It's simple, just plug in your zip code and we'll do the rest!
What states does Arbella Insurance Group do business in?
Arbella Insurance Group sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 2 states. See the state Arbella Insurance Group sells in below and click the link to see how Arbella Insurance Group compares to the other top companies in that state.
States Arbella Insurance Group ranks in top 10 for car insurance
Learn More about Arbella Insurance Group
You can learn more about the company by reading Arbella Insurance Group reviews. Or share your own experience with our community by writing a review of Arbella Insurance Group.