What You Should Know
- Connect, powered by American Family Insurance, offers several different coverage options with its car insurance policies
- Connect car insurance offers several different policy types and options for add-ons
- You may be eligible for a discount with Connect car insurance
If you are on the hunt for car insurance, you may want to check out Connect American Family Insurance.
The American Family Connect property and casualty insurance company offers car, home, and other types of insurance products throughout the United States. Connect offers car insurance coverages, special policies, and discount options that may work for you.
As you shop online for car insurance, be sure to compare prices with a lot of different companies before you make a final decision. When you do, you can find the best coverage at an affordable price and make sure you don't end up overpaying for your policy.
You can use our free quote tool above to find and compare car insurance rates in your area today.
What does Connect American Family offer for car insurance coverage?
Connect offers the types of car insurance options you would expect with a practiced car insurance company. With Connect powered by American Family Insurance, you can purchase the following:
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers theft, vandalism, and acts of nature that damage your vehicle
- Collision coverage: Covers damages from car accidents regardless of who is at fault
- Roadside assistance: Covers towing and other things you may need if your car breaks down while you're driving
- Rental car insurance: Pays for you to have a rental car if your vehicle is damaged and you need another method of transportation
- Bodily injury insurance: Coverage if you're in an accident and another driver is injured
- Property damage insurance: Covers property you damage with your vehicle
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Covers damages others inflict on your vehicle if they don't have insurance or their insurance won't cover it all
- Medical expense insurance: Covers medical bills associated with a car accident
- Personal injury protection: Coverage for yourself and wellbeing if you are in an accident
- GAP insurance: Covers the difference between the lease amount and your car's actual value
Connect states that its goal is to get you the coverage you need to drive safely and comfortably in your vehicle. If the coverages listed above interest you, you can reach out to Connect for more information or to get a quote.
How much is car insurance with Connect?
Connect offers direct quotes from its company website, and there's no way for you to know how much you will pay for insurance with Connect until you get a quote.
Companies typically decide each policyholder's monthly car insurance rates after looking at a number of individual factors. Some of the most important factors that affect car insurance rates include:
- Where you live
- Your state's minimum requirements
- Your car's make and model
- Whether you have any traffic tickets or violations
- Your yearly mileage
- Your credit history
- Your driving record
- Your ZIP code
- Whether you're married
- Your gender
There are other factors that can impact your car insurance rates as well, but this will vary from one company to the next.
As you shop around for car insurance, be sure to compare rates from multiple companies. This will help you avoid overpaying for coverage while still getting the policy you need.
Does Connect let you make claims from the company website?
You can make claims with Connect by using your Connect American Family Insurance login. Once you've used your Connect insurance login to access the company website, you can file a claim any time of day on any day of the week.
You can also use the Connect powered by American Family Insurance phone number to file a claim. By calling the American Family insurance claims phone number, you can speak to a company representative who will help you file your claim and figure out what you need to do next.
The company website does state that some insurance claims can only be filed on the phone by calling the Connect auto insurance phone number. These claims cannot be made online. The Connect website does not specify the nature of the claims that cannot be handled online.
Does Connect offer any discounts on car insurance?
Connect American Family Insurance offers a variety of discounts to its policyholders. Some of the company's car insurance discounts include:
- Good driver (only in California)
- Premier safety
- Defensive driver
- Vehicle safety (applies to a variety of safety features)
- Good student
- Student away
If you think you may be eligible for any of the discounts listed above, you can call and speak to a Connect representative to see how much that might help you save on your car insurance coverage. Discounts on car insurance typically help people save anywhere from five to 20% on their coverage.
Does Connect have good ratings and reviews?
Connect American Family Insurance reviews and ratings are fairly positive. Connect has an A rating with A.M. Best based on its financial standing and an overall outlook that is considered stable.
Similarly, Connect has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), which takes into account the age of the company and the overall customer reviews.
There are some complaints on the BBB website based on Connect's claims system. If you are considering purchasing car insurance with Connect, you may be interested in reading some of the company's customer reviews before you make a decision.
As you do your own research, you may find that you get better car insurance rates with other companies. Make sure to go with a company that offers the coverage you want at a price that works for you.
And feel free to use our free quote tool below to find and compare rates today to get started in your search for the most affordable car insurance in your area.