Wawanesa Insurance, founded in 1896, is headquartered in Winnipeg and Manitoba but has a U.S. headquarters in San Diego, California. In addition to offering coverage to California residents, Wawanesa also sells insurance in Oregon. Wawanesa has a 24/7 claims service and allows you to file claims online.
How do customers rate Wawanesa Insurance?
What auto insurance discounts are available from Wawanesa?
- Multi-Car Discount - insure more than one private passenger vehicle, van, or light truck under one policy
- Mature Driver Improvement Course Discount - if you are over 55 and have completed a Mature Driver Improvement Course, approved by the California or Oregon DMV, within the last three years.
- Driver Training Discount - for new drivers (under two years licensed) who have successfully completed both a Driver Education and a Driver Training Course.
- Loyalty Discount - Available if you've had a policy with Wawanesa Insurance for one year.
- Good driver discount - If you have had no DUI/DWI convictions in 10+ years, have not received a ticket in the last 3 years, and have been driving for at least 3 years you are considered a Good Driver! and may be eligible for this discount.
What homeowners insurance discounts are available from Wawanesa?
- Multi-Product Discount - You may be eligible for this discount if you have an auto insurance policy with Wawanesa
- Non-Smokers Discount - if no smokers live in the home you may be able to take advantage of this discount
- Burglar Alarm Discount - There are two types of discounts available, one if you have a local alarm and another if you have a centralized alarm.
- Sprinkler System Discount - available if your home has a full sprinkler system.
- Water Alarm Discount - This discount may apply if you have an automatic water shut-off valve with at least three water sensors throughout your home.
What renters insurance discounts from available Wawanesa?
- Gated Community/Secured Building Discount - Living in a gated community or a secured apartment building with active security makes you eligible for premium savings.
- Safe Home - If you have smoke alarms, deadbolt locks, and fire extinguishers you are eligible for savings. Having a full fire and burglar alarm that reports to a central station make you eligible for even more savings.
What condo insurance discounts are available from Wawanesa
The condo insurance discounts are similar to the homeowners discounts:
- Sprinkler System Discount
- Home Protection Device Discount
- Water Alarm Discount
- Non-Smokers Discount
- Multi-Product Discount
- Age of Homeowner Discount (at least 50 years of age)
Note not all discounts may be available in all states.
What coverages does Wawanesa Insurance offer?
All of Wawanesa's condo, renters, and homeowners policies include identity theft protection, which includes disaster recovery service to help replace any stolen, damaged, or compromised documents such as your social security card, driver's license, or birth certificate.
What more should you know about Wawanesa Insurance?
Wawanesa car insurance customers may add the following to their policies:
- Rental car coverage: covers the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: this typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, changing a flat tire, and towing.
- Vehicle Manufacturer Replacement Parts - Available for an additional premium. Provides coverage to repair or replace parts with those made for or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). This optional coverage is only available if the vehicle is less than 11 years of old and the policyholder carries both collision and comprehensive coverage
Before making any final decisions on your insurance company, it is important to learn as much as you can about your local insurance providers, and the coverages they offer. Call your local insurance agent to clear up any questions that you might have. Questions to consider asking include, "What is the best coverage plan for me/my family/my situation?" "What are the minimum coverage requirements in my state and what form of coverage do you recommend?" "Do you guys offer any bundle discounts if I take out both my auto insurance and home insurance with you?" and "What is the average rate of insurance quotes you guys offer?"
Before making any big insurance decisions, use our free tool to compare insurance quotes near you. It's simple, just plug in your zip code and we'll do the rest!
What states does Wawanesa Insurance do business in?
Wawanesa Insurance sells car and renters insurance in 2 states and homeowners insurance in 1 state. See the state Wawanesa Insurance sells in below and click the link to see how Wawanesa Insurance compares to the other top companies in that state.
Wawanesa Insurance mission
"Earning your trust since 1896" As a policyholder-owned mutual insurance company, Wawanesa Insurance will continue to earn trust by providing quality products and services at the lowest price which supports long-term growth and financial stability.
Learn More about Wawanesa Insurance
You can learn more about the company by reading Wawanesa Insurance reviews. Or share your own experience with our community by writing a review of Wawanesa Insurance.
Wawanesa Insurance Awards & Accolades
- Ranked “Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers In California” by J.D. Power in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015