Wawanesa Insurance, founded in 1896, is headquartered in Winnipeg and Manitoba but has a U.S. headquarters in San Diego, California. In addition to offering coverage to California residents, Wawanesa also sells insurance in Oregon. Wawanesa has a 24/7 claims service and allows you to file claims online.
How do customers rate Wawanesa Insurance?
Wawanesa Insurance’s rating is based entirely on customer reviews written on Clearsurance. The rating is determined using an algorithm that analyzes a range of inputs from our independent community of insurance customers, including:
- Customer Service
- Claim service
- Likelihood to renew
The algorithm also takes into account the percentage of what customers say Wawanesa Insurance does well vs. the percentage of what customers say the company could do better.
Auto insurance discounts from Wawanesa
- Multi-Car Discount - insure more than one private passenger vehicle, van or light truck under one policy
- Mature Driver Improvement Course Discount - if you are over 55 and have completed a Mature Driver Improvement Course, approved by the California or Oregon DMV, within the last three years.
- Driver Training Discount - for new drivers (under two years licensed) who have successfully completed both a Driver Education and a Driver Training Course.
- Loyalty Discount - available if you've had a policy with Wawanesa Insurance for one year.
- Good driver discount - If you have had no DUI/DWI convictions in 10+ years, have not received a ticket in the last 3 years, and have been driving for at least 3 years you are considered a Good Driver! and may be eligible for this discount.
Homeowners insurance discounts from Wawanesa
- Multi-Product Discount - you may be eligible for this discount if you have a auto insurance policy with Wawanesa
- Non-Smokers Discount - if no smokers live in the home you may be able to take advantage of this discount
- Burglar Alarm Discount - There are two types of discounts available, one if you have a local alarm and another if you have a centralized alarm.
- Sprinkler System Discount - available if your home has a full sprinkler system.
- Water Alarm Discount - This discount may apply if you have an automatic water shut off valve with at least three water sensors throughout your home.
Renters insurance discounts from Wawanesa
- Gated Community/Secured Building Discount - living in a gated community or a secured apartment building with active security makes you eligible for premium savings.
- Safe Home - if you have smoke alarms, deadbolt locks and fire extinguishers you are eligible for savings. Having a full fire and burglar alarm that reports to a central station makes you eligible for even more savings.
Condo insurance discounts from Wawanesa
The condo insurance discounts are similar to the homeowners discounts:
- Sprinkler System Discount
- Home Protection Device Discount
- Water Alarm Discount
- Non-Smokers Discount
- Multi-Product Discount
- Age of Homeowner Discount (at least 50 years of age)
Note not all discounts may be available in all states.
What coverages does Wawanesa Insurance offer?
All of Wawanesa's condo, renters and homeowners policies include identity theft protection, this include disaster recovery service to help replace any stolen, damaged or compromised documents such as your social security card, drivers license or birth certificate.
More about Wawanesa Insurance
Wawanesa car insurance customers may add the following to their policies:
- Rental car coverage: covers the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: this typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, changing a flat tire, and towing.
- Vehicle Manufacturer Replacement Parts - available for an additional premium. Provides coverage to repair or replace parts with those made for or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). This optional coverage, is only available if the vehicle is less than 11 years of old and policy holder carrys both collision and comprehensive coverage.
What states does Wawanesa Insurance do business in?
Wawanesa Insurance sells car and renters insurance in 2 states and homeowners insurance in 1 state. See the state Wawanesa Insurance sells in below and click the link to see how Wawanesa Insurance compares to the other top companies in that state.
Wawanesa Insurance mission
"Earning your trust since 1896" As a policyholder-owned mutual insurance company, Wawanesa Insurance will continue to earn trust by providing quality products and services at the lowest price which supports long-term growth and financial stability.
Learn More about Wawanesa Insurance
Wawanesa Insurance Awards & Accolades
- Ranked “Highest Customer Satisfaction Among Auto Insurers In California” by J.D. Power in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015