Safety Insurance Company is the third-largest private passenger car insurance carrier, the second-largest commercial auto insurance carrier, and the fourth-largest homeowners insurance carrier in Massachusetts. In addition, the company also offers commercial lines insurance products, including business owner policies and commercial umbrella. Through a unique partnership with Safe Roads Alliance and In Control Crash Prevention, they keep customers informed about issues affecting driver safety and help ensure that all drivers have the experience they need to handle the most challenging driving situations.
How do customers rate Safety Insurance Company?
What discounts does Safety Insurance offer?
- Excellent Driver Plus Discount: This discount for drivers could save them up to 24 percent if they have had no accidents or incidents within the past six years.
- Excellent Driver Discount: Drivers could save up to 10 percent if they have had no accidents or incidents within the past five years.
- Safe Roads Alliance: Policyholders who participate in the In-Control Crash Prevention program and become members of - Safe Roads Alliance could receive a group discount of 5 percent.
- Multi-Policy Discounts: Policyholders could save up to 10 percent when bundling multiple policies.
- Multi-Car Discount: You can save up to 10 percent by insuring multiple cars with Safety Auto Insurance.
- Good Student Discount: Students with a “B” average or better, students on the dean’s list, or students on the honor roll are eligible for a 10 percent discount. A great way for a teenage driver to save on their insurance payment if they qualify.
- Away At School Discount: Students who are away at school more than 100 miles from home and without regular access to a vehicle are eligible for a 10 percent discount.
- E-Customer Discount: Save up to 7 percent on your policy when you qualify for an account credit or a multi-car discount and select electronic policy issuance.
- Loyalty Discount: Customers can receive a 4 percent discount for continuous years insured with Safety or their agent.
What coverages does Safety Insurance Company offer?
You can find more ways to enhance your policy to guarantee you're protected whether you live in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Maine. The company offers additional policies with options to customize your coverage to best fit your needs.
What are the insurer's additional auto coverage options?
- Disappearing Collision Deductible (MA)
- Collision Waiver of Deductible (NH, ME)
- Full Glass Coverage (NH, ME)
- Rental Vehicle Loss of Income Coverage (MA)
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost (MA, NH, ME)
- Personal Effects (MA)
- Emergency Road Travel Expenses (MA, NH, ME)
- Airbag mechanical failure/coverage (MA, NH, ME)
- Supplemental Towing and Labor (MA)
- Transportation expenses (NH, ME)
Safety Shield Plus (only in MA):
- Accident Forgiveness
- Expanded Personal Effects Coverage
- Pet Coverage
- Seat Belt Coverage
- Bail Bonds
What additional homeowners coverage options are available?
Cyber Home Protection: This coverage protects individuals and families from losses such as stolen data on personal computers, mobile devices, and other connected technology. (MA, NH, ME)
Below is a list of other coverage options offered.
What more can I learn about safety?
The website provides information regarding company offerings, access to agents, driver safety information, and more.
In addition, the Safety mobile app gives iPhone and Android users access to their accounts. Here they can pay bills, report a home or auto claim, view their car insurance card, access their agent's contact information, view the history of their home and auto claims, receive alerts, and other features all through the Safety app on their phone.
The VIP claims centers provide a way to repair vehicles by dropping off at the selected location without an appointment and picking it up repaired usually less than a week later.
What states does Safety Insurance Company do business in?
Safety Insurance Company sells car and homeowners insurance in 3 states. See the state Safety Insurance Company sells in below and click the link to see how Safety Insurance Company compares to the other top companies in that state.
States Safety Insurance Company ranks in top 10 for homeowners insurance
Safety Insurance Company mission
The key to our success: Service. The key to our customers' success: Safety.