PEMCO is a mutual insurer based out of Seattle, Washington, that serves customers in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1949, PEMCO offers auto and home insurance, as well as many other specialty coverages to ensure you have the necessary protection you need.
How do customers rate PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company?
How much do auto policies with PEMCO Insurance cost?
Car insurance rates vary depending on many characteristics that are unique to you, your car, and where you live. Some of the factors that affect car insurance rates include the car you drive, your credit score, where you live, your driving history, and also the company you choose to get a policy from. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of PEMCO car insurance for a single adult compared to the average cost of car insurance in Washington.
The average PEMCO car insurance rates for a single adult are much lower than the average cost of car insurance in Washington. Please note that these are average car insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect car insurance rates.
How much does a homeowners policy with PEMCO Insurance cost?
Different areas of the United States have different risks, and those risks can affect the cost of home insurance. For example, Washington state has a risk of earthquakes. While your location and risk of natural disasters affect your homeowners insurance rates, there are many other factors that also contribute, including the location of your home, your home's condition and age, the size and type of home, the crime rate in your area, your claim history and your credit score. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of PEMCO homeowners insurance compared to the average cost of homeowners insurance in Washington. The graph is split into two categories: a home worth $200,000 and a home worth $400,000.
The average PEMCO homeowners insurance rates for both the $200K home and $400K home are much lower than the average homeowners insurance cost in Washington. Please note that these are average homeowners insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect homeowners insurance rates.
Are there any auto discounts available?
- Auto and Home: Bundling your auto insurance and your homeowners insurance could save you money on both policies
- Educator: PEMCO customers who work for a school, community college or university can save money on their auto insurance
- Safety/Security Feature: If your vehicle is equipped with airbags and car alarms you could see savings
- Good Student: Students who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible for the good student discount
- Distant Student: Students attending school more than 75 miles away from where their vehicle is garaged could save on their coverage
- Defensive Driver: Drivers aged 55 or older who complete a certified defensive driving course are eligible for a discount
- University of Washington Alumni: Bachelor's or advanced degree holders from the University of Washington who live in Washington or Oregon are eligible for a discount
- Accident Forgiveness Benefit: drivers who have been free of accidents for five or more years could qualify for accident forgiveness
- Minor Ticket Forgiveness Benefit: drivers without a ticket for at least the past five years will not see a rate increase after a first minor ticket
- Loyal Auto Customer: Policyholders who have been with the business for at least one year could qualify for a discount
- Advance Purchase: Purchasing a policy seven days or more before your coverage begins qualifies new customers for a discount
- Homeownership: Owning a home, mobile home, or condo qualifies policyholders for a discount on their car insurance
- Low Mileage: customers who drive less than 8,000 miles annually are eligible for a low mileage discount
- New Vehicle: Vehicles less than five model years old when a policy becomes effective could qualify for a discount
- Paid in Full: Paying your bills in one annual payment or two six-month payments could save you money
Are there any homeowners discounts available?
- Claims-Free: If you haven’t had a homeowners claim in the past three years, you qualify for this discount
- Home Plus Auto: If you buy your home and auto insurance, you’ll see savings on your premiums
- Educator: Policyholders who work for a school, community college, or university qualify for this discount plus they keep the discount when they retire
- Sprinkler: Homes with a sprinkler system installed to qualify for this discount
- Protection Device: If you have a fire, gas, theft, or water device that has alarms, is self- or centrally monitored, or has an auto-shutoff, you could see savings
- Newer Home: If your home is less than 15 years old, you qualify for this discount
- Fire Resistive Construction: If your home is made from fire-resistant materials, such as concrete, stone or brick, you could see savings
- UW Alumni: Bachelor’s or advanced degree holders from the University of Washington who live in Washington or Oregon are eligible for a discount
What more should you know about the business?
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices that allows customers to view ID cards, make a policy change, make a payment, find repairs in case of accidents, view coverage details, and access customer support to contact an agent.
You can learn more about the business and its different customized policies by visiting the PEMCO website.
Before making any final decisions on your insurance company, it is important to learn as much as you can about your local insurance providers, and the coverages they offer. Call your local insurance agent to clear up any questions that you might have. Questions to consider asking include, "What is the best coverage plan for me/my family/my situation?" "What are the minimum coverage requirements in my state and what form of coverage do you recommend?" "Do you guys offer any bundle discounts if I take out both my auto insurance and home insurance with you?" and "What is the average rate of insurance quotes you guys offer?"
Before making any big insurance decisions, use our free tool to compare insurance quotes near you. It's simple, just plug in your zip code and we'll do the rest!
What states does PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company do business in?
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 2 states. See the state PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company sells in below and click the link to see how PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company compares to the other top companies in that state.
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company mission
Free our communities to worry less and live more.
Learn More about PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
You can learn more about the company by reading PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company reviews. Or share your own experience with our community by writing a review of PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company.
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company Awards & Accolades
- J.D. Power Award for "Highest Customer Satisfaction among Auto Insurers in the Northwest Region," for the seventh straight year. Info: https://pemco.com/blog/j-d-power-2019