PEMCO is a mutual insurer based out of Seattle, Washington, that serves customers in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1949, PEMCO offers auto and home insurance, as well as many other specialty coverages to ensure you have the necessary protection you need.
How do customers rate PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company?
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company’s rating is based entirely on customer reviews written on Clearsurance. The rating is determined using an algorithm that analyzes a range of inputs from our independent community of insurance customers, including:
- Customer Service
- Claim service
- Likelihood to renew
The algorithm also takes into account the percentage of what customers say PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company does well vs. the percentage of what customers say the company could do better.
How much does PEMCO car insurance cost?
Car insurance rates vary depending on many characteristics that are unique to you, your car and where you live. Some of the factors that affect car insurance rates include the car you drive, your credit score, where you live, your driving history and also the company you choose to get a policy from. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of PEMCO car insurance for a single adult compared to the average cost of car insurance in Washington.
The average PEMCO car insurance rates for a single adult are much lower than the average cost of car insurance in Washington. Please note that these are average car insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect car insurance rates.
How much does PEMCO homeowners insurance cost?
Different areas of the United States have different risks, and those risks can affect the cost of home insurance. For example, Washington state has a risk of earthquakes. While your location and risk of natural disasters affect your homeowners insurance rates, there are many other factors that also contribute, including the location of your home, your home’s condition and age, the size and type of home, the crime rate in your area, your claim history and your credit score. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of PEMCO homeowners insurance compared to the average cost of homeowners insurance in Washington. The graph is split into two categories: a home worth $200,000 and a home worth $400,000.
The average PEMCO homeowners insurance rates for both the $200K home and $400K home are much lower than the average homeowners insurance cost in Washington. Please note that these are average homeowners insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect homeowners insurance rates.
Car insurance rates
The average PEMCO car insurance rates are based on a single adult profile with a PEMCO car insurance policy. The single adult rates are based on profiles for 35-year-old single adult drivers with no driving incidents in the past 3 years. The car used was a 2015 Toyota Highlander LE. Full coverage was used with 100/300/50 limits and a $500 collision and comprehensive deductible. The driver had a good credit score.
The Washington state average rates displayed in the graph are based on the average cost of car insurance from the largest companies in Washington and are based on the same single adult driver profile. All rates displayed should only be used for comparative purposes as individual rates will differ. Rate data is provided by Quadrant Information Services.
Homeowners insurance rates
The average PEMCO homeowners insurance rates are based on two different home profiles with an PEMCO homeowners insurance policy.
- $200K home: These rates are based on a $200,000 dwelling with the following coverage limits: $100,000 personal property, $20,000 loss of use, $20,000 other structures, $300,000 liability and $5,000 medical. The policy has a $1,000 deductible. The house used for the profile was constructed in 2004 and the individual had a good credit score.
- $400K home: These rates are based on a $400,000 dwelling with the following coverage limits: $200,000 personal property, $40,000 loss of use, $40,000 other structures, $300,000 liability and $5,000 medical. The policy has a $1,000 deductible. The house used for the profile was constructed in 2004 and the individual had a good credit score.
The Washington state average rates displayed in the graph are based on the average cost of homeowners insurance from the largest companies in Washington and are based on the same two home profiles. All rates displayed should only be used for comparative purposes as individual rates will differ. Rate data is provided by Quadrant Information Services.
Please note: PEMCO also sells insurance in Oregon but rate data for these profiles was not available for car and homeowners insurance in Oregon.
What car insurance discounts does PEMCO offer?
- Auto and Home Discount: Bundling your auto insurance and your homeowners insurance with PEMCO could save you money on both policies
- Educator Discount: PEMCO customers who work for a school, community college or university can save money on their auto insurance
- Safety/Security Feature Discount: If your vehicle is equipped with airbags and car alarms you could see savings with PEMCO
- Good Student Discount: Students insured with PEMCO who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible for the good student discount
- Distant Student Discount: Students attending school more than 75 miles away from where their vehicle is garaged could save on their auto insurance with PEMCO
- Defensive Driver Discount: Drivers aged 55 or older who complete a certified defensive driving course are eligible for a discount
- University of Washington Alumni Discount: Bachelor’s or advanced degree holders from the University of Washington who live in Washington or Oregon are eligible for a PEMCO discount
- Accident Forgiveness Benefit: PEMCO drivers who have been without an accident for five or more years could qualify for accident forgiveness
- Minor Ticket Forgiveness Benefit: PEMCO drivers without a ticket for at least the past five years will not see a rate increase after a first minor ticket
- Loyal Auto Customer Discount: Policyholders who have been with PEMCO for at least one year could qualify for a discount
- Advance Purchase Discount: Purchasing a PEMCO policy seven days or more before your coverage begins qualifies new customers for a discount
- Homeownership Discount: Owning a home, mobile home or condo qualifies PEMCO policyholders for a discount on their car insurance
- Low Mileage Discount: PEMCO customers who drive less than 8,000 miles annually are eligible for a low mileage discount
- New Vehicle Discount: Vehicles less than five model years old when a PEMCO policy becomes effective could qualify for a discount
- Paid in Full Discount: Paying your PEMCO bills in one annual payment or two six-month payments could save you money
What homeowners insurance discounts does PEMCO offer?
- Claims-Free Discount: If you haven’t had a homeowners claim in the past three years, you qualify for this PEMCO discount
- Home Plus Auto Discount: If you buy your home and auto insurance through PEMCO, you’ll see savings on your premiums
- Educator Discount: Policyholders who work for a school, community college or university qualify for this discount — plus they keep the discount when they retire
- Sprinkler Discount: Homes with a sprinkler system installed qualify for this discount
- Protection Device Discount: If you have a fire, gas, theft or water device that has alarms, is self- or centrally monitored or has an auto shutoff, you could see savings
- Newer Home Discount: If your home is less than 15 years old, you qualify for this discount with PEMCO
- Fire Resistive Construction Discount: If your home is made from fire-resistant materials, such as concrete, stone or brick, you could see savings
- UW Alumni Discount: Bachelor’s or advanced degree holders from the University of Washington who live in Washington or Oregon are eligible for a discount on their home insurance
More about PEMCO Insurance
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices that allows customers to view ID cards, make a policy change, make a payment, find repairs and access customer support.
You can learn more about PEMCO Insurance and its different insurance offerings by visiting the PEMCO website.
What states does PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company do business in?
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 2 states. See the state PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company sells in below and click the link to see how PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company compares to the other top companies in that state.
States PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company ranks in top 10 for car insurance
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company mission
Free our communities to worry less and live more.
Learn More about PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
You can learn more about the company by reading PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company reviews. Or share your own experience with our community by writing a review of PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company.
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company Awards & Accolades
- J.D. Power Award for "Highest Customer Satisfaction among Auto Insurers in the Northwest Region," for the seventh straight year. Info: https://pemco.com/blog/j-d-power-2019