Pekin Insurance, based out of Pekin, Illinois, has more than 800 employees and works with more than 1,500 agencies and 8,500 independent agents. Pekin, which was founded in 1921, offers products in 21 states.
How do customers rate Pekin Insurance?
What car insurance discounts does Pekin offer?
- Multi-Car Discount: Insuring two or more passenger vehicles with Pekin Insurance may qualify customers for a discount
- Auto/Home Insurance Discount: Save up to 30 percent on homeowners insurance and up to 15 percent on auto insurance when both are insured with Pekin insurance
- Low Mileage Discount: Pekin policyholders who drive less than 7,500 miles annually are eligible for a low mileage car insurance discount
- Good Student Discount: Pekin offers a discount for students under the age of 25 with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Loss Free Discount: If you’ve gone accident free for three or more years, you may qualify for Pekin’s loss free auto insurance discount
- Hybrid Auto Discount: Vehicles powered by more than one energy source may qualify for a hybrid auto insurance discount with Pekin insurance
- 45-Plus Mature Drivers Discount: Drivers over the age of 45 may qualify for this discount
What home insurance discounts does Pekin offer?
- Auto/Home Insurance Discount: Customers save when their home and auto are both insured with Pekin Insurance
- Mature Homeowner Discount: A discount is applied to Pekin customers who are older than 52 and own a house
- New Home discount: Pekin Insurance offers a discounted home insurance premium based on the year the home was constructed
- New Roof Discount: Discounts are applied to Pekin customers whose roofs were replaced within the past 5 years and additional discounts are applied if the roof is classified as a Class 4 UL Impact Resistant roof
- Protection Device Discount: Installing burglar alarms, fire alarms, and automatic sprinklers could qualify customers for a discount on their Pekin homeowners insurance policy
- Actual Cash Value Roof Discount: Insuring your roof with Pekin for actual cash value instead of replacement cost qualifies customers for a policy discount
What coverages does Pekin Insurance offer?
Pekin Insurance offers a wide variety of insurance coverages, including options to enhance your car or homeowners policy. Below is more information on additional coverages for auto and home from Pekin.
Pekin car insurance additional coverage options
Pekin offers additional protection and benefits for various things and allow you to customize your policy to fit your needs. The endorsements offered by Pekin include the following:
Roadside Rescue: Pekin offers roadside assistance that is automatically included with comprehensive coverage. It allows you to receive service if your car experiences a breakdown or other issue that leaves you stranded. Pekin uses a network of emergency roadside service providers to fulfill roadside assistance calls 24/7. You can receive help with the following issues:
- Tire changes
- Towing and winching
- Fuel delivery
- Concierge claim services
- Lockout services
- Minor mechanical repairs
- Battery jump starts
Auto Guard: The Auto Guard endorsement from Pekin gives policyholders many added coverage options, including the following for $20 a year on top of your car insurance premium:
- Additional rental car insurance
- Accidental airbag deployment
- Additional towing and labor expense
- Trip interruption coverage
- Personal effects coverage
- Key replacement coverage
- Fire department service charge
- Pet coverage
- Tire protection
- Waiver of deductible
Rental Reimbursement Insurance Coverage: With this endorsement, Pekin Insurance will cover the expenses of a rental car if your car was in an accident and needs to be repaired.
Accidental Death Benefit: This endorsement adds coverage to your Pekin car insurance policy if a passenger in your car dies from injuries in a car accident.
$0 Deductible on Glass Claims: If you add this benefit to your Pekin car insurance policy, the comprehensive insurance deductible will be waived if you have a glass claim.
Replacement Cost Coverage for New Autos: This gives policyholders coverage for the full value of their vehicle if the vehicle is totaled in an accident.
Sound Receiving and Transmitting Equipment Coverage: Pekin car insurance policyholders can purchase this coverage to receive protection of $1,000 for electronic equipment installed in the car and an additional $200 coverage for tapes, records, discs and other media.
Auto Loan/Lease Coverage: Commonly called gap insurance, if your car is totaled in an accident, this added coverage from Pekin covers the difference between the amount owed on the car’s loan or lease and the actual cash value of the car.
Young Adult Protection Plus: The Young Adult Protection Plus plan from Pekin is for young adults who are just starting out. It offers protection that is available with the Auto Guard endorsement, $10,000 Accidental Death, Identity Fraud Expense and Personal Property (ACV) limit of $5,000. At least one car on the policy needs to have full coverage and this isn’t available in Arizona.
Pekin homeowners insurance additional coverage options
Like car insurance, Pekin also offers many enhancements you can add to your homeowners insurance policy. Options include the following:
Water Back-up of Sewers and Drains: If you experience a loss in your home caused by water backing up through sewers or drains, Pekin insurance will cover this if you have this optional coverage on your policy.
Identity Theft with Resolution Service: Pekin offers protection from identity theft as an endorsement to your homeowners insurance policy. With this coverage, you’ll receive coverage if you’re a victim of identity fraud. You will also have access to an identity fraud specialist.
Equipment Breakdown: You can add this coverage to your Pekin homeowners insurance to cover equipment in your home including central air conditioning systems, furnaces, heat pumps, sump pumps and more.
Earthquake: If you purchase this coverage, you’ll receive coverage from damage caused by an earthquake
Refrigerated Property: If you lose power or your freezer/fridge malfunction, this option covers anything stored in the freezer or refrigerator in your home.
Scheduled Personal Property: This coverage from Pekin protects personal valuables and collectibles, including cameras, computers, furs, jewelry, silverware, baseball cards and so on.
Pet Health Insurance: Pekin offers pet insurance as an endorsement on a homeowners insurance policy. It covers accidental injury or sickness to your cat or dog.
Water and Sewer Line Breakage: Pekin allows homeowners insurance policyholders to add this coverage to their policy to receive coverage for the cost of repairing leaks or breaks to water or sewer lines from normal wear and tear.
Below is a list of the many other insurance products you can get from Pekin.
Classic car insurance
Commercial auto insurance
Golf cart insurance
More about Pekin Insurance
On the Pekin Insurance website, you can learn more about the products Pekin offers, receive a quote, pay your bill, file a claim and more.
Cross Roads is a program that Pekin offers to insure “high risk” drivers, who may have had serious auto accidents, multiple claims or motor vehicle violations. With Cross Roads, customers will receive reliable coverage at a reasonable price, financial responsibility filings for no fee, above minimum liability limits and umbrella coverage.
What states does Pekin Insurance do business in?
Pekin Insurance sells car, homeowners and motorcycle insurance in 6 states. See the state Pekin Insurance sells in below and click the link to see how Pekin Insurance compares to the other top companies in that state.
States Pekin Insurance ranks in top 10 for homeowners insurance
Pekin Insurance mission
Our vision is to set the standard of excellence among insurance providers by being innovative, being financially strong, and exceeding customer expectations. We will attract and retain the very best employees and agents to help us achieve this goal. Pekin Insurance® provides financial protection and peace of mind for our customers. We deliver innovation and excellence in our products and services. In all we do, we are dedicated to going Beyond the expected.®