MetLife, founded in 1868, is among the 20 largest auto insurance companies in the United States, but it also offers home insurance and many other insurance products. And though the New York-based insurer has been around for 150 years, it has started changing the way it does business by simplifying products, developing sales and servicing technology that's straightforward and helpful, and creating a better customer experience in all customer interactions. The new MetLife logo reflects the modern, innovative company.
How do customers rate MetLife, Inc.?
Discounts offered by MetLife
MetLife offers a variety of discounts so that policyholders can save money on their insurance.
- Deductible Savings Benefit: MetLife customers automatically earn $50 every year they are claim-free and this discount increases every year up to $250
- Defensive Driver Discount: MetLife policyholders can earn up to a 7 percent discount by completing an approved driver training course
- Superior Driver Discount: If all of the drivers in your household have outstanding driving records, you could see savings of up to 12 percent
- MetRewards: MetLife customers could save up to 20 percent on a policy for being claim and violation-free for five years
- Good Student Discount: Qualifying students insured by MetLife could save up to 15 percent on their car insurance premium
- Combo Insurance Discount: Bundling your home and auto insurance into one MetLife Insurance package could save you up to 10 percent
What coverages does MetLife, Inc. offer?
MetLife, Inc. sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 50 states and Washington, D.C..
Does MetLife sell car insurance?
MetLife offers car insurance in addition to many other types of insurance coverages. In addition to the basic coverages like liability, comprehensive and collision, MetLife also offers many optional coverages you can add to your car insurance policy. Some of the optional coverages offered include new car replacement, special parts replacement and enhanced rental car damage coverage.
Does MetLife sell home insurance?
Metlife offers home, condo and renters insurance in addition to the other types of insurance coverages it offers. MetLife’s homeowners insurance policies are customizable to fit the needs of you and your home. MetLife Identity Protection Services come included on every MetLife homeowners insurance policy.
Does MetLife offer accident forgiveness?
MetLife does not offer accident forgiveness protection as an additional coverage on its car insurance policies.
Does MetLife auto insurance have roadside assistance?
MetLife offers roadside assistance coverage that you can add to your MetLife car insurance policy for an added cost. Roadside assistance can offer you emergency services such as help with changing a flat tire or a jump start for a dead battery.
What is MetLife grand protect?
MetLife GrandProtect is a combination insurance policy option from MetLife designed for people who have more extensive needs as it offers more coverage than MetLife’s Combo package. GrandProtect offers coverage for all your property needs including car, home, recreational vehicles, boats, and more. With GrandProtect, you’ll have one insurance policy with one bill and one deductible if more than one property is damaged in the same covered event.
More about MetLife Insurance
With the MetLife app, customers are able to securely and conveniently report an accident, make a payment, access identification cards, view claims and more. This app is available for iOS and Android devices.
What states does MetLife, Inc. do business in?
MetLife, Inc. sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 50 states and Washington, D.C.. See the state MetLife, Inc. sells in below and click the link to see how MetLife, Inc. compares to the other top companies in that state.