Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan was founded in 1949 and provides coverage to all areas of Michigan. Michigan Farm Bureau represents farms of all sizes and remains Michigan’s largest general farm organization. Headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, it offers many lines of insurance for families and businesses.
How do customers rate Farm Bureau Insurance?
Farm Bureau Insurance’s rating is based entirely on customer reviews written on Clearsurance. The rating is determined using an algorithm that analyzes a range of inputs from our independent community of insurance customers, including:
- Customer Service
- Claim service
- Likelihood to renew
The algorithm also takes into account the percentage of what customers say Farm Bureau Insurance does well vs. the percentage of what customers say the company could do better.
How much does Michigan Farm Bureau homeowners insurance cost?
While car insurance rates in Michigan are some of the highest in the country, homeowners insurance rates tend to be more reasonable. Homeowners insurance rates vary on factors such as the location of your home, your home’s condition and age, the size and type of home, the crime rate in your area, your claim history and your credit score. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of Michigan Farm Bureau homeowners insurance compared to the average cost of homeowners insurance in Michigan. The graph is split into two categories: a home worth $200,000 and a home worth $400,000.
The average Michigan Farm Bureau homeowners insurance rates for both the $200K home and $400K home are lower than the average homeowners insurance cost in Michigan. Please note that these are average homeowners insurance rates based on specific profiles and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect homeowners insurance rates.
Homeowners insurance rates
The average Michigan Farm Bureau homeowners insurance rates are based on two different home profiles with a Michigan Farm Bureau homeowners insurance policy.
- $200K home: These rates are based on a $200,000 dwelling with the following coverage limits: $100,000 personal property, $20,000 loss of use, $20,000 other structures, $300,000 liability and $5,000 medical. The policy has a $1,000 deductible. The house used for the profile was constructed in 2004 and the individual had a good credit score.
- $400K home: These rates are based on a $400,000 dwelling with the following coverage limits: $200,000 personal property, $40,000 loss of use, $40,000 other structures, $300,000 liability and $5,000 medical. The policy has a $1,000 deductible. The house used for the profile was constructed in 2004 and the individual had a good credit score.
The Michigan state average rates displayed in the graph are based on the average cost of homeowners insurance from the largest companies in Michigan and are based on the same two home profiles. All rates displayed should only be used for comparative purposes as individual rates will differ. Rate data is provided by Quadrant Information Services.
What car insurance discounts and credits does Michigan Farm Bureau offer?
- Safe Driver Credit: If each driver to the insured vehicle is at least 19 years old and maintains an accident and conviction-free driving record, you may qualify for this credit on your insurance
- Multi-Auto Credit: Receive this credit if you have two or more private cars on your policy
- Multi-Policy Credit: Having multiple policies with Michigan Farm Bureau, including a Farm Bureau Insurance Family Auto policy and a Farm Bureau Insurance Homeowners, Lake Estate®, Farmowners, Country Estate or Mobile Homeowners will qualify you for this credit
- Vehicle Safety Credits: If you have air bags, anti-lock brakes and theft prevention devices, this program is available to save you money
- Continuous Coverage Credit: This accident-free, continuous coverage credit is available if you keep your vehicles insured with Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan and practice safe driving
- SmartPay Discount: Earn this discount by paying your premium all at once or using Farm Bureau of Michigan’s EFT option to pay. SmartPay consists of pay plan, pay method, and billing history
More about Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan
A homeowners policy with Farm Bureau of Michigan will grant you access to MyHomeWorks, which is a program that provides you with services, tools and information to help you save energy with systems that run your home.
Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan offers life and health insurance in addition to all other lines. They also have services to help with retirement planning.
A membership with Michigan Farm Bureau grants you access to much more than just insurance services. Earn savings to various stores and brands as well as discounts on event tickets, travel and medical services.
What states does Farm Bureau Insurance do business in?
Farm Bureau Insurance sells car, homeowners, renters and motorcycle insurance in 1 state. See the state Farm Bureau Insurance sells in below and click the link to see how Farm Bureau Insurance compares to the other top companies in that state.
Farm Bureau Insurance mission
At Farm Bureau Insurance we’re dedicated to serving Michigan - and only Michigan. We were founded in 1949 by Michigan farmers - members of Michigan Farm Bureau - who wanted an insurance company that worked as hard as they did, gave honest service, and cared about Michigan’s future. With over 800 associates and nearly 450 agents spread across all regions of the Great Lake state, we are prepared to protect you from the risks of everyday life.