Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company, also known as Direct General, focuses on offering customers affordable rates and respect. Direct Auto is located primarily in the south and southeastern parts of the United States. The company offers customers low rates regardless of their driving history because it believes everyone deserves to have the coverage that they need. With flexible payment options, you can make your payments in the most convenient way for you. They specialize in getting you the minimum required insurance coverage for your state, but can also help you get a more substantial amount of coverage to give you peace of mind.
How do customers rate Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General)?
What discounts does Direct General offer?
Direct Auto & Life Insurance (Direct General) has a number of discounts to help you save on insurance.
- Safe Driver Discount: If you practice safe driving habits and have been accident-free for the past three year, you may qualify for a discount
- Good Student Discount: Save up to 10 percent on your car insurance policy if you are a high school, college, or vocational/technical school student with a “B” average or better, rank in the top 20% of your class, are an honors student or are on the Dean’s List
- Multi-Car Discount: Save with this discount if you have more than one car on your policy
- Low Mileage Discount: Save up to 5 percent on car insurance if you don’t drive a lot annually. Although it varies by state, the cap to earn this discount is typically between 7,500 miles and 15,000 miles a year
- Prior Insurance Coverage Discount: You can save up to 25 percent if you switch and can prove you’ve been previously insured without any lapses
- Policy Renewal Discount: Policyholders can earn up to a 20 percent discount if they show commitment to this provider. To earn this discount, your policy must be renewed within seven to 10 days of the expiration date and have not had a lapse in coverage for the year before
- Affinity Discount: If you or your spouse are members of an organization partnered with Direct Auto & Life, you may be eligible for savings of up to 5 percent off your auto insurance premium
- Multi-Product Discount: Utilizing more than one of their products or services will earn you up to 5 percent off your policy with Direct Auto Insurance
What coverages does Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General) offer?
In addition to personal auto insurance, Direct General also offers commercial auto insurance and many supplemental optional insurance coverages you can add to your personal car insurance policy. The add-ons that are currently available include:
Rental Reimbursement: You can get rental reimbursement as an optional coverage that you can add to your Direct General auto insurance policy. This coverage helps to cover the cost of a rental car if your car is being repaired after it was in an accident and you don't have another vehicle.
Towing & Labor: Direct General offers towing & labor coverage as optional coverage to add to your car insurance policy. This service covers the cost for emergency towing costs if your car can't be driven because of an accident or breakdown, and for the cost of labor if your car needs service on the road. Typically, towing & labor coverage is only available with comprehensive and collision coverage but, Direct General does have a roadside assistance program.
Roadside Assistance: Direct General's roadside assistance program offers customers emergency services available 24 hours a day. The company asserts that its roadside assistance program only costs about a few dollars a month and the program pays for itself after one use. Roadside assistance from Direct General is administered through NationSafeDriver. Some benefits of the program include:
- 24-Hour emergency towing
- Gas and essential fluid delivery
- Lockout services
- Jump start for dead batteries
- Mechanical help
- Concierge benefits (free maps and travel routes)
Mexico Auto Insurance: If you're traveling from the United States to Mexico, you can purchase Mexico auto insurance to receive car insurance protection while in Mexico.
Does Direct General have motorcycle insurance?
Direct General Insurance offers motorcycle coverage to protect you and your bike. It offers the basic coverages of bodily injury liability, property damage, collision and comprehensive, motorcycle guest passenger liability, medical payments, personal injury protection, and uninsured motorist coverage. It also offers additional terms that you can add to your policy including custom parts and equipment or accessories coverage, motorcycle replacement coverage, and towing.
What more should you know about Direct Auto & Life Insurance?
This provider has a variety of customizable insurance payment options. You are able to choose your payment date, how often you will pay, the amount of your monthly payment (based on how much you want to pay upfront), and how you want to pay. You can pay by cash, credit, or debit card, auto-pay with a credit or debit card, electronic check, pay by text with mobile bill pay, or pay at a partner payment location if there are no offices in your area. You are even allowed to pay for your policy with pre-paid debit cards, which is not available with many agencies.
They also have a Catastrophic Response Team (CAT Team) that responds to emergencies caused by extreme weather conditions. Some extreme weather that the CAT Team typically responds to are hurricanes, hail, tornadoes, and floods. The CAT Team assesses damages and responds to these extreme weather emergency claims.
Direct Auto & Life (Direct General) has 400 company store fronts across the south and southeastern part of the United States.
What states does Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General) do business in?
Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General) sells car insurance in 13 states and motorcycle insurance in 12 states. See the state Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General) sells in below and click the link to see how Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General) compares to the other top companies in that state.
Learn More about Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General)
You can learn more about the company by reading Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General) reviews. Or share your own experience with our community by writing a review of Direct Auto & Life Insurance Company (Direct General).