Amica Mutual Insurance Company is a Rhode Island-based insurer that has 44 offices around the country. The company was founded in 1907 by A.T. Vigneron and originally offered theft, fire, and auto insurance policies. Since then, it has expanded to offer a range of products including auto, home, and life insurance. It also owns a number of subsidiary insurance companies. It is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States.
How do customers rate Amica Mutual Insurance Company?
What discounts does Amica offer?
Amica allows customers to save money without reducing the quality of coverage with a variety of discounts.
What auto insurance discounts are offered by Amica?
- Loyalty Discounts: Being with your auto insurer for at least two years could save you money.
- Multi-Line Discount: Bundling policies could save you up to 15 percent.
- Claims-Free Discount: If you have been claims-free, other than glass or towing, for the past three years, you could save.
- Multiple Auto Discount: Save up to 25 percent when you insure two or more vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount: Owning a home, regardless of whether or not it is insured with Amica, could save you money on your auto insurance
- Legacy (Family) Discount: Customers under the age of 30 whose parents have been customers for five years are eligible for a discount.
- Paid-in-Full: Paying your entire policy premium before the due date on the first bill could save you money.
- AutoPay: Paying your premium using automatic deductions could save you money
- E-discount: Customers could receive a discount for electronic bills and policy information.
- Anti-Theft Discount: Vehicles equipped with car alarms could be eligible for a discount.
- Electronic Stability Discount: Vehicles equipped with the electronic stability control feature are eligible for a discount, with even greater savings in pickups and SUVs.
- Passive Restraint Discount: Automatic occupant restraints, such as airbags, installed in cars could save customers money on their auto insurance with Amica.
- Forward-Collision Warning: Amica insured vehicles with a collision-avoidance feature are eligible for a discount.
- Adaptive Headlight Discount: Vehicles with headlights designed to make driving at night or in low-light conditions safer could receive a discount.
- Defensive Driver Training Discount: Amica customers who complete an approved driving course are eligible for the defensive driver training discount.
- Driver Training Discount: Young drivers who complete a driver training program are eligible for savings.
- Good Student/College Graduate Discount: Full-time high school or college students, between the ages of 15-25 and in good academic standing could receive a discount on auto insurance.
- Student Away at School Discount: Students insured by Amica but away at school full-time without a vehicle could receive a discount.
What homeowners insurance discounts are offered by Amica?
- Loyalty Discount: Being with an auto insurer for at least two years could save you money.
- Multi-Line Discount: Combining home insurance with auto, life, or umbrella policies with Amica could save up to 15 percent.
- Claim-Free Discount: If you have been claims-free with Amica for the past three years you could save.
- Auto Pay Discount: Paying your Amica premium using automatic deductions could save you money.
- E-Discount: Amica customers could receive a discount for electronic bills and policy information
- Alarm System Discount: Homes equipped with burglar alarms, sprinkler systems, or fire alarms could receive a discount.
- New/Remodeled Home Credit: Customers receive a credit for insuring a new or remodeled home
- Automatic Detection Devices: Customers receive a discount for insuring a home with a temperature monitoring system, a water leak, or a gas leak detection system installed.
What coverages does Amica Mutual Insurance Company offer?
What coverages does Amica Mutual Insurance Company offer?
Amica offers a wide variety of optional coverages that you can add to your car or homeowners insurance policy to enhance your coverage.
What are Amica's additional auto insurance coverage options?
Amica offers optional car insurance coverages that you can add to a standard Amica car insurance policy. Those coverages include the following product choices:
Roadside Assistance: All Amica car insurance customers have access to Amica’s roadside assistance. You can add towing and labor coverage to your policy to receive coverage for it. Even if you don’t have this coverage on your policy, you can still use Amica’s roadside assistance, but you’ll be responsible to pay for the service out-of-pocket.
Glass Coverage: You can add glass coverage to your Amica car insurance policy to receive coverage if your windshield or door glass is damaged on your car. Amica has two options for glass coverage:
- Comprehensive: Your comprehensive car insurance coverage automatically includes glass coverage
- Full glass coverage: You can purchase this coverage separately. You won’t need to pay a deductible for full glass coverage.
Rental Reimbursement: Rental reimbursement coverage can be added to your Amica car insurance policy to provide coverage for a rental car if your car needs to be repaired. Typically, most policies offer $20 per day and up to $600 total, but other coverage limits are available.
What are Amica additional home insurance coverage options?
You can extend your homeowners insurance coverage with optional add-on coverages. You can add the following coverages to your policy.
Dwelling Replacement Coverage: This optional coverage from Amica gives you an extra 30 percent of coverage above your dwelling coverage limit for if the cost to rebuild or repair your home is more than the coverage limit on your policy.
Personal Property Replacement Coverage: Amica offers this coverage to protect your personal property by providing you with coverage to replace or repair your personal property up to the coverage limit you select.
Valuable Items Coverage: If you have high-valued items you want to protect, such as jewelry, fine arts, or furs, this coverage protects these items beyond fire and theft damage. It's also called scheduled personal property coverage.
Catastrophic Coverages: Amica offers optional earthquake and flood insurance coverages.
Identity Fraud Expense Coverage: This optional coverage protects you if you're a victim of identity fraud.
Home Business Coverage: Amica offers home business protection if you’re running a business from your home or even if you’re completing an assignment for your employer at home.
Below is a list of other insurance products offered by Amica Insurance.
Amica Insurance FAQs
Does Amica Insurance have local agents?
Amica does not utilize agents to sell its insurance products. To buy a policy or receive customer service, you will deal directly with a representative from the company by calling, emailing or visiting a local office. There are more than 40 offices throughout the U.S.
Who is the CEO of Amica?
The current CEO of Amica is Robert A. DiMuccio. He has been the CEO of Amica Mutual Insurance since February 2005.
How long has Amica Insurance been in business?
Amica Insurance has been in business for more than 100 years. It was founded in 1907 by A.T. Vigneron. When it began, it only offered car, fire, and theft insurance. It now offers car, home, and life insurance. Additionally, it owns many subsidiary insurance companies that offer a diverse group of products. Amica is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States. A mutual insurance company means the company is owned by its policyholders rather than stockholders.
Does Amica cover rental cars?
Amica car insurance coverage does extend to a rental car. You will have the same limits for your rental car as the policy for your car. Amica coverage for a rental car is only valid in the United States. Check with your policy and your rental car company to see if you’ll need to purchase additional coverage for your rental car.
What does Amica roadside assistance cover?
Amica offers roadside assistance that covers non-accident related towing, changing flat tires, jump-starting dead batteries, delivering fuel and unlocking doors. Policyholders can add towing and labor coverage to their car insurance policies to cover roadside assistance. If you don't have towing and labor coverage, you can call Amica for roadside assistance but you'll be responsible for paying the expenses out-of-pocket.
Does Amica offer renters insurance?
Amica does offer renters insurance to protect your items while renting a home. If you have car insurance with them, you can bundle your policy with renters insurance to receive a discount of up to 7 percent. Renters insurance policies are customizable and there are also many other discounts available to save money.
Does Amica have accident forgiveness?
Amica offers accident forgiveness on its Platinum Choice Auto package. With this package, one of the benefits is the potential of accident forgiveness. You can earn Advantage Points by having or renewing existing policies, referring other people to Amica, and completing a year of good driving. The more vehicles you have on your policy, the more points you'll be able to receive. You can use your Advantage Points to reduce or eliminate your deductible or to keep your rates from raising after a claim.
What does Amica home insurance cover?
Amica homeowners insurance covers your dwelling, other detached structures such as a shed or fence, your personal property and personal liability. Amica homeowners insurance is customizable based on your needs and your budget. The coverage you have can vary.
Does Amica have a mobile app?
Amica's Mobile app allows you to have direct access to everything the company has to offer. With Amica's mobile app you can report and track a claim, make a payment, access repair vendors and services, view and save ID cards and get roadside assistance.
What states does Amica Mutual Insurance Company do business in?
Amica Mutual Insurance Company sells car and motorcycle insurance in 49 states and Washington, D.C. and homeowners and renters insurance in 48 states and Washington, D.C.. See the state Amica Mutual Insurance Company sells in below and click the link to see how Amica Mutual Insurance Company compares to the other top companies in that state.