Ameriprise, based out of Wisconsin, is known for both its financial offerings and its insurance services. With Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, you get high-quality benefits, personalized service and affordable prices that the company says you won't find elsewhere. Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance not only provides coverage options that will meet your changing needs, but also offers discounts and benefits tailored specifically for Ameriprise Financial clients.
How do customers rate Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance?
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance’s rating is based entirely on customer reviews written on Clearsurance. The rating is determined using an algorithm that analyzes a range of inputs from our independent community of insurance customers, including:
- Customer Service
- Claim service
- Likelihood to renew
The algorithm also takes into account the percentage of what customers say Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance does well vs. the percentage of what customers say the company could do better.
Ameriprise car insurance discounts
- Safe Driving Discount: Ameriprise customers who are accident-free for three years will receive a discount
- Accident (Merit) Rating: Rather than a full surcharge added to premiums after an at-fault accident, Ameriprise offers a reduced surcharge each year to try to get customers back to their full safe driving discount as quickly as possible
- Defensive Driver Discount: Taking an approved Department of Motor Vehicles course will earn Ameriprise customers the defensive driver discount
- Vehicle Safety Features Discount: Vehicles with safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, automatic seatbelts and anti-theft devices could earn Ameriprise customers an additional auto insurance discount
- Garaging Discount: Ameriprise policyholders who park their car in a garage could receive a discount on auto insurance
- Good Student Discount: Students under the age of 25 who maintain a “B” average of better could earn the good student discount with Ameriprise
- Student Away Discount: Students attending school more than 100 miles from home are eligible for a student away discount
- Education Discount: Students who complete at least four years of post high school education are eligible for the Ameriprise education discount
- Multi-Vehicle Discount: Insuring more than one vehicle on an Ameriprise auto insurance policy can result in a discounted rate
- Loyalty Discount: Bundling your home, auto or umbrella policies with Ameriprise could earn you a discount
- Tenure Discount: Staying with Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance for more than three years results in a cheaper rate
Ameriprise home insurance discounts
- Age of Home Discount: The newer your home, the bigger Ameriprise discount you will receive
- Claims Free Discount: Ameriprise offers a discount to policyholders who have not filed a claim in the last five years
- Home Safety Features Discounts: Homes that include safety features such as smoke alarms, deadbolt locks, security alarms, monitored fire and or security system, sprinkler system or fire extinguishers are eligible for a discount
- Tenure Discount: Each year you renew your home insurance policy with Ameriprise you are eligible for a discount
- Multi-Policy Discount: Bundling your home insurance policy with other Ameriprise insurance products could result in a discount
- Renovation Discounts: Ameriprise customers who renovate their roof, heating or cooling, electrical or plumbing could qualify for a renovation discount
What coverages does Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance offer?
Home insurance through Ameriprise has the following standard benefits:
- Food spoilage protection if you lose food during a power outage. Covers up to $500 in food value.
- Lock replacement if your home has been broken into.
- Identify theft protection which covers up to $5,000 to any costs related to your identity being stolen and recovered.
Specialty Coverage through Ameriprise
Specialty vehicle insurance coverage is made available through Ameriprise but it is provided by its partner insurers. Ameriprise partners with Arrowhead, American Modern Chubb, Embrace, Hartford and Progressive. Specialty vehicle coverage policies include ATV, boat, collector cars, watercraft and motorcycles.
Below is a list of coverages offered by Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance.
More about Ameriprise Insurance
Ameriprise offers gap coverage, which pays the balance of your lease or loan if your vehicle is totaled. Ameriprise will pay up to 120% of your vehicle’s value to prevent you from being owing money for a loan on a car that no longer is driveable.
Ameriprise offers Lifetime Renewability where as long as you meet certain basic conditions, the company will not cancel your policy, regardless of the number of accidents customers get into.
Ameriprise offers windshield repair with no deductible. Any chips or cracks, the windshield is replaced with no out of pocket expense. This is included in the standard auto coverage
Ameriprise offers roadside assistance and towing coverage, and rental car reimbursement coverage that will help you cover the costs of renting a vehicle if your car needs repairs.
Visit the Ameriprise Insurance website to find out more about its insurance products, make a payment, report a claim, view identification documents and more.
What states does Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance do business in?
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance sells car, homeowners and motorcycle insurance in 43 states and Washington, D.C.. See the state Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance sells in below and click the link to see how Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance compares to the other top companies in that state.