Based out of Wilmington, Delaware, 21st Century is a national auto insurer that is part of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies. While 21st Century focuses on car insurance, it also offers home insurance and other specialty coverages through other licensed insurance carriers. The company’s auto claims are serviced through HelpPoint Claim Services by Farmers.
How do customers rate 21st Century Insurance?
21st Century Insurance’s rating is based entirely on customer reviews written on Clearsurance. The rating is determined using an algorithm that analyzes a range of inputs from our independent community of insurance customers, including:
- Customer Service
- Claim service
- Likelihood to renew
The algorithm also takes into account the percentage of what customers say 21st Century Insurance does well vs. the percentage of what customers say the company could do better.
How much does 21st Century car insurance cost?
Car insurance rates are complex and are determined based on a number of factors that are unique to you. Factors that affect car insurance rates include your age, marital status, credit score, where you live, the company you choose and so on. In the graph below, you can see the average cost of 21st Century car insurance compared to the national average cost of car insurance.
The average cost of 21st Century car insurance for a single adult is slightly lower than the average cost of car insurance in California. Please note that these are average car insurance rates based on a specific profile and your rate could be higher or lower based on your unique characteristics that affect car insurance rates.
Car insurance rates
The average 21st Century car insurance rates are based on a driver profile of a single adult with a 21st Century car insurance policy in California. The single adult rates are based on profiles for 35-year-old single adult drivers with no driving incidents in the past 3 years. The car used was a 2015 Toyota Highlander LE. Full coverage was used with 100/300/50 limits and a $500 collision and comprehensive deductible. The driver had a good credit score.
The average rates in California displayed in the graph are based on the average cost of car insurance from the largest companies in California and are based on the same single adult driver profile. All rates displayed should only be used for comparative purposes as individual rates will differ. Rate data is provided by Quadrant Information Services.
What car insurance discounts does 21st Century offer?
- Clean Driving Records: 21st Century drivers who have had a clean driving record for the past three years could qualify for discounts
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts: Insuring more than one vehicle on the same 21st Century Insurance policy could qualify customers for discounts on each car insured
- Drivers Education: New 21st Century drivers who complete a driver's education course could qualify for a discount on their insurance
- Good Grades: Students insured by 21st Century who receive good grades could earn a discount on their car insurance
- Defensive Driving Course: Drivers over the age of 55 who complete a course aimed to brush up on road skills could qualify for a 21st Century auto insurance discount
- Automobile Safety Features: Vehicles insured by 21st Century Insurance and equipped with safety features such as airbags and anti-lock brakes could qualify customers for a discount
- Anti-theft Features: Cars equipped with anti-theft devices could earn you a discount of up to 15%.
Rental Car experience through 21st Century insurance
21st Century policy holders have access via Enterprise and Hertz to over 70% of the rental car supply, preferred rates and direct billing. Policyholders do have the option of picking a car from other rental car companies, but may have to wait for reimbursement.
More about 21st Century Insurance
21st Century Insurance offers specialty homeowners insurance through Foremost Insurance Company for homes that are not considered “standard” or “preferred” based on the age, condition, or value of the home.
To learn about 21st Century’s discounts by state, make payments, view identification cards, manage your policy and more visit the 21st Century Insurance website.
What states does 21st Century Insurance do business in?
21st Century Insurance sells car and motorcycle insurance in 2 states. See the state 21st Century Insurance sells in below and click the link to see how 21st Century Insurance compares to the other top companies in that state.